Sewing and quilting machine manufacturers recommend having your machine serviced at least once a year. Bringing your machine in for regular maintenance assures it will stay in top running condition.
All servicing and repairs are carried out in-house by our knowledgeable technicians.
We are an Authorized Service Center with factory trained technicians for both Pfaff and HandiQuilter, two brands we are proud to carry.
We do regular clean/oil service and minor adjustments for all brands; repairs of brands other than Pfaff & HandiQuilter are on a case-by-case basis, usually depending on the parts required. Diagnotics are performed for a fee, which may then be applied to the repair. Please contact our service department for additional information.
We request that machines be picked up within 10 days of the completion date. Machines not picked up within 30 days of completion will become the property of Way to Sew.What to bring with your sewing/embroidery machine or serger:
- Standard presser foot
- Bobbin Case
- Power Cord
- Foot Pedal
- Embroidery module, if you are having embroidery related service issues.
(It is also helpful to bring a sample of the stitching that is prompting a repair request.)Please leave the following at home:
What to bring with your HandiQuilter machine:
- Machine cover/case
- All accessories and presser feet not listed above, unless directly related to the repair request.
- Bobbin case
- Power cord
- Front/rear handlebars for carriage mounted machines only
- Foot pedal for Sweet Sixteen only
- Carriage, ONLY if the problem is related to the Pro-Stitcher (computerized module)